To be honest, my music tastes are really eclectic. K-pop, from Block B to Akdong Musician, Japanese vocaloids, although not as much anymore, movie, TV show, and animation soundtracks (Death Note and Sherlock Holmes are one of my favorites), some classical, and then like a bunch of mildly popular U.S. songs. I really like Papa Roach and Maroon 5, but then there’s people like Ellie Goulding, Rhapsody of Fire, OneRepublic, Hoodie Allen, Ariana Grande, He is We, Bruno Mars, Coldplay… I seriously don’t have a word to describe my taste in music.
In general, I don’t think my taste of music is particularly ‘good’. I just listen to stuff I like.
2. What cheers you up?
A lot of things. A good book. Sweet things. A good movie. Unhealthy food that tastes good. Playing volleyball with friends. A good tennis rally. When my brother doesn’t ignore me (…)
3. What do you constantly think about that, either makes you sad or just anything?
I constantly think about fictional characters, both my own and from games/movies/animations/books/anything else. It rather hinders my ability to act normal in public places.
4. Is there something you constantly lose at your house or anywhere?
Phone. Keys. Socks, all the time. Especially the nice white ones.
5. Do you have a favorite book or read much? Why or why not?
I love reading! Does such a marvelous activity require explanation about its greatness? Currently I’m a little bit obsessed with the Brothers Karamazov. I didn’t know I could fall in love with classic book characters, much less three at once. OH GOD ALYOSHA.
6. What is the longest you have gone without sleep?
Did an all-nighter once. A Spanish music video project; one of my partners was absent for like the whole week, the other was… To put it mildly, a little thick. I did everything and learned to run away screaming at the first note of ‘Stereo Hearts’.
7. Do you have anyone you go to for advice? In person or online?
My friends. Yep!
8. What is the habit you are proudest of breaking or want to break?
Games… Before, it was Wizard101. Now it’s Cookie Run and Cyphers, although I don’t actually play Cyphers, which is rather stupid. I’d also like to stop reading webtoons so much, but I honestly don’t think that’s under my control. Oh woe be me.
9. Is there anything I should know?
I’m hungry. I always am; it’s a curse.
10. What do you order or not order at a restaurant you have been to or never been to?
I eat anything and everything. My opinion is that anything new is always interesting, and that life should always be interesting, therefore I’ll eat anything new that comes my way. My thinking is a little… Skewed. Don’t ask.
It sometimes backfires, but it’s a pretty good rule to go by. I’ll never order shellfish, though, oysters in particular. Ew.
11. What is your favorite word? Least favorite?
Clandestine is one of my favorites. The definition is less than appropriate, but it just sounds so pretty. Whimsical and effervescent sound fluttery and whispery and very elegent. I also like words that sound violent and mean horrible things, because it sends such a clear message. Is that weird? Like macabre and lurid.
I also have a slight obsession for names. My current favorite is Andelka, but it’s subject to change whenever I come across another name.
Words I don’t like? Huh - I don’t know if this counts, but I absolutely loathe the word ‘kk’. Does one really need to say ‘okay’ in a short form twice? It sends across the message of ‘kk, yeah, I get it, like omg stop pestering me’. And yes, I do use it sometimes when I’m really annoyed at whoever’s texting/chatting to me, but that’s not the point. XP
12. Describe something that's happened to you for which you had no explanation.
I ate two bowls of cereal.
I don’t know. I wasn’t even that hungry. I think I was half-daydreaming or something and just automatically refilled the bowl without considering the fact that my stomach was full. And then I continued to eat the whole bowl of cereal, and somehow my nervous system didn’t think it necessary to tell my brain to stop you fucking idiot. I’ve heard that goldfish do that sometimes. Am I a goldfish?
Anyway, I ate two huge bowls of cereal and it wasn’t even for a meal. Also apparently I have nothing interesting in my life so I have to talk about cereal of all things.
14. What did you do for your latest birthday?
Nothing? My friends threw me a party at school, and that was really nice.
15. What holidays do you celebrate? Are you a religious person or not?
Um… Christmas. New Year’s. Lunar New Year’s. What are the guidelines for celebrating, anyways? Do we have to decorate? Or is just eating a special dinner okay too? What about just staying home from work for the day?
Religious. Christian. The funny thing is, I feel kind of weird because I hear my teachers saying stuff like ‘I don’t think gay love is a real thing’ and I’m just like um. I think that’s really… Narrow-minded and inflexible of you. Because I believe strongly in LGBT rights. And I also feel like I’m missing a little at the back but whatever…
16. If you had to be named after a city, state, or country (etc), which would you want it to be?
Um. Richmond is awesome, but only if I were a guy. Windsor is like the prettiest name ever, so yeah, Windsor.
17. Who is your hero?
Hero. Never thought of that. I dislike a lot of people. Maybe someone like Nancy Farmer, just because she caused someone - ahem me - to really become interested in writing and such?
But then, in my head, a hero isn’t someone who I want to be. It’s just someone that I respect a lot, has done things that I believe helped the world in some way. He or she doesn’t have to be perfect, and aren’t, anyway.
I guess Leonardo da Vinci is also my ‘hero’, because his works were and still are awe-inspiring, and they influenced a lot of what happened after his death.
18. Which do you use more often, the dictionary or the thesaurus?
If you have a Mac, you have access to its ‘Spotlight’ feature, at the top right of your screen. If you type a word into it, you can directly access the Mac’s built-in dictionary and thesaurus, and also to Wikipedia. It’s very helpful. But because they’re together, I usually use both features together too. Usually because synonyms help me understand a word better, and when I’m looking for a better word to use, I check its definition to too make sure it really means what I want it to mean.
19. Have you ever been stung by a bee?
Yes. I went to a mountain for the day, came back, and found that my ear was twice its normal size. I also touched a bee once - it came into our car, and I didn’t know that and just put my hand down on the sheet. It was furry. Surprisingly, it just buzzed out of the window instead of stinging me. Thank you, bee.
20. Have you ever tipped a cow?
Is it sad that I don’t know what you’re talking about? Shame on you, Turq.
21. What's the sickest you have ever been?
I’m not sure. I had to stay home for a few days, though. I spent the day lying in bed and reading, so I can’t say it was the worst thing that ever happened to me.
22. Are you still learning who you are?
Yep. The main part, the core, I know. The little bits, the branches and the blossoms and the leaves, I’m not sure - they’re still growing. They might die. They might flower beautifully. In that line of thinking, maybe one can never learn who they are. Maybe life is just a journey to find out who you are. Wow, that’s sad…
23. Are you afraid of heights? Or what are you afraid of?
I like heights. If I allowed to make one wish, I’d choose telekinesis - so I could levitate myself and fly, like in ‘Chronicle’. That itself says enough.
I’m afraid of failure and not being loved. Typical human fears. Also sort of claustrophobic. Elevators don’t particularly terrify me, but the very idea of being locked in a sealed space makes me shudder. I’ve had a lot of nightmares about that.
24. Have you ever taken dance lessons? Who would you want to dance with?
I took ballet for like three months until I gave it up for Tae-Kwon-Do. Says a lot about me, don’t you think? I’ve also had to suffer through dance lessons at school and hated it with a passion. So no, I’m not dancing with anybody.
25. What is the most memorable class you have ever taken?
Social Studies last year. The teacher was uhhhhmazing and the material was so freaking fun! I had a ton of fun in that class. And then the teacher left the school. And the country. To get married. Bye…
26. What's your favorite knock-knock joke?
Orange you glad I didn’t say banana?
No, actually. I like bananas. In smoothies.
27. What is your favorite commercial?
I don’t have one…? Maybe the Wizard101 commercial with the crazy amazing graphics.
28. If you could spend the day with any celebrity, who would it be?
Um. I have no idea. Lee Byung Hun, maybe? I loved him in Red 2. WHERE’S. MY. PLANE???!?!??! (IN BRUCE WILLIS’S ASS no joke BW actually said in mah ass)
29. What is your favorite breakfast food?
Fruit! Or smoothies. Also, ice cream. It tastes amazing on an empty stomach; don’t judge.
30. Do you like guacamole? Have you ever been in a food fight?
I don’t think I’ve ever even had guacamole. No, I’ve never been in one. But I guess it would be fun, if I could ignore how much food was being wasted.
31. What is your favorite thing to spend money on?
Books, notebooks, and drinks. The first requires no explanations. Notebooks - I love doodling and scribbling and just doing random creative work when I’m bored, so notebooks always come in handy and I burn through them ridiculously quickly. They also come in a variety of amazing designs, and I never feel guilty about buying them. As for drinks… I’m just a little bit obsessed with milk tea and blue lemonade, okay?
32. What is the weirdest thing about you? Are you proud of it?
My thoughts. Like my immediate thoughts. I’ve no way to really describe it, but I have a rather twisted method of thinking. I don’t mind. I’ve decided to not care about what people think. It’s a good plan, but hard to follow.
33. Ever been in love with 2 people at the same time? Do you think that's wrong?
No. I don’t think I’ve ever been in love. What’s the difference between love and a crush, anyway? If love=crush for you, then… Oh, I’ve had many. Silly, silly Turq.
34. Ever had any relatives in jail?
No idea. On a mildly related note, I learned recently that England used to use Australia as a prison long ago and that many Australians’ ancestors are criminals. Isn’t that fascinating?
35. Glass half full or half empty? Or is the glass just malformed?
Does anyone actually think a glass of water is ‘half empty’? Have you ever read a book where the main character describes the room and is like ‘The kitchen table was cluttered with cups of water, all half empty.’
Okay, that was a horrible sentence. But still. Does anyone actually think ‘oh, there’s a half-empty cup of water’? The natural state of a cup is empty. Therefore, I believe, people will naturally notice that the cup is filled, rather than think ‘oh, this cup is supposed to be completely filled up, but half of it is empty’. Thus, in order for someone to think ‘half-empty’, the correct circumstances have to be at hand.
Say, Bill tells Ann that there’s a cup full of blueberry smoothie on the counter that their mother made for her. She goes there and there’s only half a cup. Only in that situation will Ann naturally think ‘oh, that cup is half empty’.
Does this even make sense? Nope, nope, noooope.
36. Mountains or the beach? View, or the tv?
Beach. I love water. I’ve always lived near bodies of water - literally. Either near the beach, near a river, or near a canal or something. Or both.
View, probably? Unless they’re playing the Olympics or something. Let’s face it - regardless of whether you choose view or TV, you’re going to want the other at some point or another.
37. Plain, train, or car? Boat, subway, or teleportation device?
Plain? Plane. I love planes. I love the hum you can feel when you put your head against the walls. It’s oddly comforting, despite the many reports of plane crashes and other life-threatening, plane-related things I’ve read.
Teleportation device. Subways are nice too, but when they start getting crowded… Ugh. Boats are always fun and somewhat romantic until you start feeling sick, after which all you want to do is get back on firm ground again.
38. If you could retire tomorrow, what would you do?
Retire from what, life? I don’t even have a job. Retire from school? In that case, I won’t, even if I could. I’d like to go to university, at least…
39. Ever sold/donated your blood? If you haven't do you want to?
Nope. But I’d like to donate it sometime!
40. Crowds, small groups, or "Go away, I'm a loner"?
Quite picky. I don’t mind mildly large groups, since I can take my pick of who to hang out with. Too many people is actually pretty interesting, because the sheer idea of so many individual people with their unique thoughts and desires around me is fascinating. But if I have to hang out with someone, I’d rather have a smaller group.
I like having someone to talk to, especially about writing and books. The synergy between two fangirls is… Frankly quite astounding.
41. Name the most terrifying moment of your life so far. Have you recovered from it?
I don’t think I’ve ever really been seriously scared. I’ve lived a very safe life so far, and hope against all odds that I will continue to do so.
Oh, there was that one time when North Korea started going crazy and my mom thought war was going to break out. But that was more exciting than terrifying, mostly because I was young and quite stupid.
42. What famous person do people tell you that you most resemble?
lol… Yuna Kim, surprisingly. Especially with my hair up in a bun. And then I cut my hair.
43. What is the strangest thing you have ever eaten?
A wonderful green lollipop with a scorpion inside. It was good. Very sticky, though.
44. If you could bring any person back to life, who would it be?
Leonardo da Vinci. Just curious, do you need to have a piece of them, like you do when you talk about typical necromancy? If so, let’s say Steve Jobs.
45. Do you believe honesty is the best policy?
Yes. But my actual policy is closer to ‘If you have a problem with me, fucking say it to my face instead of spreading rumors and gossiping behind my back’.
46. What dead person would you least want to be haunted by?
Huh. Um. A comedian? I’d laugh at them all day long and be taken to a psychiatric ward. I’m really out of anything to say for this question…
47. Who would you most like to be stuck in an elevator with? Who would you least like to be …?
Does being stuck in an elevator imply anything inappropriate? I’m serious. Or am I just incredibly, unknowingly perverted? I’m sorry - I’ve learned to second-guess everything on the internet.
If you’re asking me who I’d most like to be stuck in an elevator with as in who would I like to have a long conversation with and come up with a clever plan together the most, I’d have to say… Raphael Santiago. Simply because of the fact that being stuck in an elevator with him will include interacting and communicating with and MEETING him.
Least? A psychopath. Maureen, Peter, Opal, Smerdyakov, most of the death eaters…
48. What do you think Victoria's secret is?
Nothing I’m interested in.
49. Which cartoon character do you resemble the most?
Cartoon character? I don’t watch cartoons. Um. If animations work too, let’s say Ty Lee because I love Avatar and that one scene where she was like ‘poofy. Poof!’ was so totally me.
50. Would you rather go a week without bathing, but be able to change your clothes? Or a week without changing your clothes but be able to bathe.
At least I could actively strive to keep my clothes clean. How do you physically keep the dust off your body? Give me baths please.
51. Which of the four seasons do you most love? Or Hate?
I dearly love fall. I couldn't live without fall. I hate... I don't really hate the seasons. Even summer, which can get nasty. They all have their particular beauty.
52. If you could choose your method of dying or where, what would they be?
An unexpected death. I’ve heard that the most terrifying thing someone can experience is waiting for one’s death. Knowing that you’ll die, waiting for hours with the knowledge eating away at your mind. I’d rather avoid that, thank you very much.
53. If you had to be trapped in a tv show for a month, which would you choose?
I don’t watch very many TV shows. Um, Victorious? I remember I used to love it when I was a kid.
54. List someone you know, and describe them in 5 words.
- Fashionable, studious, emotional, hilarious, romantic
55. You can select one person from history and have them truthfully answer one question, who would you select and what is the question?
Lee Seung Man. Why the fuck did you think that the North and South having individual presidential elections would be a good idea? Look at Korea now. LOOK. FUCKING LOOK.
56. If you join the circus, what would you perform?
I would like to learn magic tricks and saw people in half. I actually took magic lessons and wanted to become a magician for a short while in fifth grade. It was a short-lived dream. Thanks mom.
57. Ugly and live forever, or attractive and die in a year?
Ugly and live forever! I can just wear a super creepy/awesome mask and be some amazing immortal wanderer, explorer, and researcher.
But seriously, I’d love to live forever. See everything, experience everything, write it all down. Reflect. A year? I’d spend every day stressing out that I wasn’t living it to my fullest. I’d be nervous, snappish, annoyed at everything at annoyed at myself for being annoyed at everything.
58. You discover that your wonderful one year old child is because of a mix up at the hospital and not yours. Would you want to exchange the child to correct the mistake?
Fuck you. Um, I don’t think I could stand parting with my child. Ehrr… I would take the hospital to court and rip off a ridiculous amount of money for their mistake, and then buy a huge mansion which the other family and mine would share.
59. Would you be willing to lie to a court for a close friend if it meant saving your friend from going to jail for life?
If s/he was innocent, I guess. But only if there was like a 99.9999999% that they wouldn’t find out. Also, if she’s really innocent wouldn’t it be possible to somehow get them out legally.
Also, this reminds me of the Brothers Karamazov and Dmitri and Katerina. Too much fingerling over the Brother Karamazov ok…
60. Would you be willing to eat a bowl of crickets for $40,000?
I mean, they eat them in China. I’ve heard it actually tastes… Not bad.
Hm. If you ground them up, baked them into cookies, and gave them to me without telling me the contents, I’d probably eat them without a thought.
61. If you could have anyone locked in a room so that you could torment them for a day, whom would you choose ad how would you torment them?
Lappy said Hitler. So I guess I’ll go with Stalin? My emotions against him are running quite high at the moment because of me re-reading Animal Farm recently and history lessons about modern history and what an asshole Stalin was.
Hmm… A room full of stray lego pieces. No shoes or socks. Chased by a killer mosquito. Legos are glued to the ground.
I also hear that a method of torture utilized back in the twentieth century was to tie one to the ceiling by their hair so that they would have to stand on their tip-toes for hours. //shudder
62. Do you feel that children should be sheltered from unhappiness?
No, but I think their parents should try their hardest to make them happy when they can. I don’t think they should make a conscious choice to make sure they experience life’s downfalls, but I don’t think they should shield their kids constantly, either. To live life is to experience both happiness and sadness.
63. If you could have personally witnessed anything, what would you want to have seen?
Julius Caesar’s death. Imagine!
Also… The building of Khufu’s pyramid. Also Hitler’s suicide.
64. If you could wake up tomorrow in the body of someone else, who would you pick and what would you do? (Live in the body temporarily or permanently?)
Eh, I like my body. Kind of. Uh, I’d like to temporarily take the body of someone who’s vacationing somewhere beautiful and expensive, and have a short, luxurious vacation there.
65. If you could be any age for a week, what age would that be?
Five. I want to be a creepy little child and scare everyone out of their wits. Also, I wouldn’t have to go to school or have any homework.
66. What question do you hate to answer?
Do you mind if I blah blah blah?
“Oh, you mind? I’m sorry…”
A lot of people get it messed up.
Do you LIKE him?
Not your business. If I wanted you to know, then I would’ve told you. If I haven’t told you, GTFO.
67. If you could only have one meal for the rest of your life, what would it be?
68. Where do you go to get on a computer?
Laptop. I take it everywhere with me…
69. How do you start a conversation?
Cue dramatic sobbing.
But the best way to do it is to complain about some kind of discomfort you’re both experiencing. Nothing makes friends better than insulting someone else together.
70. What keys on a keyboard do you not use?
Um. F3, F4, F5, F6, and that one thing at the far right top. I use a MacBook, so all F keys do things that they don’t do on Windows, which means that they /don’t/ do what they’re supposed to do on Windows. Which means that as have hotspots at the edges of my screen and I never use the lights-under-keyboard function, I NEVER use those keys.
71. If you had a brainwashing machine, who would you use it on?
Lee Jeong Eun.
72. You are walking home in the dark, you see something move. What/Who is it(guess)? What do you do?
Stray kitty! Sneak over to it and watch creepily, dying with cuteness inside.
73. What is the strangest name someone has introduced themselves as to you? What is their real name?
Hurricane something. I can’t remember his real name…
74. Where were you 3 hours ago? Do you think someone was stalking you?
At school. Our teacher was yelling at us because we weren’t listening, and I was quietly writing down notes about my short story in the back DD
75. Have you ever eaten a crayon, or glue? Or what strange thing have you eaten?
Nope… I’ve eaten… Raw meat. It’s actually really good - just meat done like sashimi and spiced and stuff. Seriously, it may sound gross and icky but it tastes amazing.
76. Is there anything purple within 10 feet of you? What is it?
No. Actually yes - a post-it in my History textbook, in my backpack right next to me.
77. When was the last time you bought something? What was it?
A few days ago. I bought a can of milk tea for myself on the subway, because I was thirsty. It tasted extremely bad.
78. Are you wearing socks right now?
No, I am not. Wedge sandals. The wedges are really poofy and big, which makes it really hard to run but really fun to walk.
79. Have you been to the movies in the last 5 days?
YES. GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY. GROOT. GROOT. AND ROCKET. BUT GROOT. JUST JUST AHHHHHHH GROOT. I LOVE YOU.
Although it does seem odd that not only did Groot suddenly learn the word ‘we’ before he died, he also learned the word ‘are’. So his vocabulary increased by around 60% - can you imagine that? In such a short amount of time? With no one actually teaching him?
80. When was the last time you ran/went for a jog?
Last week. Tennis. I nearly died.
81. Your dream vacation? Worst vacation? Best vacation?
Venice Venice Venice Venice I wanted to go there since I was little and my parents told me to start saving up —
Worse vacation? Palestine maybe? Or somewhere hot and stuffy. Best vacation - as in one I experienced? Probably Hawaii.
82. Worst injury you have had?
I tore a ligament in my… Left leg, I think? It wasn’t too painful, but it was slightly inconvenient, since I had to use a sort of awkward side-step when going up stairs.
83. What do you want to know about the future?
Will future people look back on this time and call it World War III?
84. What was the last picture taken of you?
Yesterday, at school, when I was dancing. Aahahhahahha fml.
85. Do you know any big gossipers?
My teachers. You wouldn’t imagine how gossipy they are. Talk about something in front of them, all the others will know by the end of the day. They’re also very good to go to for gossip. Like, hey, do you know who’s going out with who?
86. Have you been pulled over by a cop?
87. Do you know your heritage?
Yes. My mother’s from Earth, and so’s my father. What about you?
88. What have you always wanted? Did you ever get it?
I’ve always wanted to write a book a lot of people enjoy reading and fangirling over. As for material things… I’ve always wanted more books. And those I got.
89. What you have faked being sick so you wouldn't have to go to?
No… But I have faked having a slightly annoying headache to a REALLY BAD HEADACHE to get out of mile run. I was quite pleased with myself.
90. What was the last lie you have said?
91. Have you ever danced in the rain?
No, but I have run through a hurricane. It was fun. A tree fell over.
92. What is your blood type?
O+. We tested it in science class. Was slightly disappointed that my blood type wasn’t amazingly unique and rare, but I suppose it means I’ll have a larger chance of living if I get into an accident and lose a lot of blood.
93. Have you ever been in a car accident?
OMG YES, LIKE A FEW DAYS AGO. My mom was talking with me and we were driving down a slightly crowded highway, and the car in front of us stopped but she didn’t and I was like MOOOMMMMM and we banged into the car in front of us and that one crashed into the car in front of that.
It was very exciting, but not in a very positive way.
94. What was your weirdest prank call that you have made?
Prank text. I was at a sleepover, and as a dare I texted my crush something along the lines of “Hello, this is Ching Ching China. You steal our chopsticks, you dead. YOUUUUUUUU DEADDDDDDD. Please return chopsticks to xxx-xxxx-xxxx or we kill you.”
I think? It was a long time ago. Thankfully enough, the message exceeded the character limit and did not send.
95. Best compliment you have received?
Anything along the lines of I love your writing/stories/character/s so much! It automatically counts as the best compliment evahhh.
96. Do you trust anyone with your life?
My parents. Myself.
97. What is your greatest strength or weakness?
Greatest strength: my positivity. But recently I’ve begun to feel like it’s more my inability to be discouraged. Sort of similar but slightly different.
Weakness? Laziness. Definitely. Also jealousy at times? IDK, I feel like I have a lot of weaknesses and I just can’t choose.
98. What is your perfect pizza?
Um. The type with cheese in the crust. I don’t really care about the toppings, but I usually don’t like it if there’s more than two. I’m kind of weird when it comes to pizza.
I’ve also heard of a pizza with chocolate on top. I’m not sure what it tastes like, but I have a strong feeling that I’ll like it.
99. What was your first thought when you woke up this morning?
Shit, I forgot to put my lenses in yesterday. And then I turned over, played a round of Cookie Run, and went back to sleep. I am a very, very bad person.
100. Do you get along with your family? Why or why not?
Yeah, I’d like to think. I’m basically like the butt of all my family’s jokes, which is usually fine but can get quite annoying as times. Still feel like we’re a really close-knit, happy family.